|NORDIC COMMUNITY WORKSHOP - FOLLOW UP FROM AMSTERDAM|
How to get from A to B when it comes to using data as a resource - improving efficiency and quality in the care sector.
This autumn's Nordic Community Workshop at WOHIT will be a follow-up on our topic from eHealth Week in Amsterdam “Cost efficiency in the care sector – data as a resource” where it was widely agreed that through data sharing and cross national collaboration, we could get further both in regard to research and treatment of the patient. However, it was also agreed that we were not quite there where this collaboration was possible, and our dedicated Nordic Community members therefore decided to act upon this! Six issues were identified as the main barriers to collaboration and those much tackled.
Location: Centre de Convencions Internacional de Barcelona (CCIB)
Address: Plaça de Willy Brandt, 11-14, 08019 Barcelona
Date: Sunday, 20 November
14.00 - 14.10: Welcome
14.10 - 14.40: Q&A on why data sharing is easier in some sectors than in others - examples from the defense and health sectors.
- Mr. Kaveh Safavi, M.D., J.D., Senior Managing Director, Accenture Global Healthcare
- Mr. Mark Hagland, Editor-in-Chief, Healthcare Informatics
14.40 - 15.00: Pitch from organisations related to issues addressed in group session 1
- Assessing Nordics countries readiness in Integrated Care Information Management: priorities, barriers, and guidance to enable the journey. Key insights from a dedicated IDC and DELL EMC survey - Rune Mehlum, Manager System Engineering Benelux and Nordics, EMC, Norway
- Steven Gallagher, VP Business Development (Nordics) & EU Political Affairs, Cerner, UK
15.00 - 16.00: Group session 1 on questions related to:
- Legal framework
- Trust between partners
- Nordic States Strategy
16.00 - 16.20: Pitch from organisations related to issues addressed in group session 2
- Ain Aaviksoo, Deputy Secretary General for E-services and Innovation at Ministry of Social Affairs, Estonia
- Helene Richardsson, Business Development Manager, eHälsomyndigheten, Sweden
- Mette Maria Skjøth, Project Manager, Centre for Innovative Medical Technology, Odense University Hospital, Denmark
16.20 - 17.10: Group session 2 on questions related to:
- Open personal data - are we willing to share
- Publicity - does it play a role in acceptance
- Organizational Trust
17.10 - 18.00: Gathering and presentation of work, first steps for a White Paper - launch of working group
NOTE: Additional € 100 fee and registration required.
HIMSS Nordic Community Session - Data Sharing
This session presents a recap of Sunday's Nordic Community Workshop. the Community will share with colleagues from other countries the findings and identified challenges and solutions.
Date: Monday, 21 November
Make sure to check www.worldofhealthit.org for more information about WOHIT and Community activities during the conference.